12 Jul Most Important Aspects of Workers’ Comp
If someone gets injured or falls sick while carrying out work-related duties, they may be entitled to workers’ compensation insurance. Yet a workplace injury can be scary if you don’t have proper guidance. Here are answers to the most pressing questions injured workers often have about their injuries and compensation.
What is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation or workman’s compensation is a benefit provided to those workers, or employees of an employer, who become ill or injured as a result of a workplace incident. This generally covers wage-loss and associated medical expenses that are payable by the employer’s insurance.
Am I covered by workers’ compensation insurance?
In Arizona, all employers are required to have workers’ compensation insurance for full time and part time workers. However, independent contractors and self-employed individuals are not generally covered by workers’ comp insurance. If you have any questions, you should consult an experienced work comp lawyer.
Will I receive benefits?
To receive benefits, there are 4 basic requirements –
- You must be an employee of the company
- You must have been injured or have fallen ill due to an injury or condition that arises out of and in the course of your employment – often thought of as a work-related occurrence
- Your employer must have workers’ compensation insurance
- All claims must be filed within a specified time period
When should I file a claim?
Arizona law requires you to file a claim within 1 year of the date that the injury or illness became manifest and you had reason to be aware of its relationship to your work. Apart from this, the injury must be promptly reported to the employer.
How do I make sure I will get what I deserve?
The foremost thing is to report your injury or illness to your employer. Next, you should fill –
- Worker’s Report of Injury
- Worker’s and Physician’s Report of Injury (Form 102), available at your doctor’s office or at the hospital. Keep all relevant documents safe to support your claim.
If you or a loved one has been injured at the workplace, consult an experienced Workers’ Compensation Lawyer right away. They will ensure you get what you deserve.
To consult the best Phoenix work comp attorney in Phoenix, AZ, call Arizona Injury Law Group at 602-346-9009. Arizona Injury Law Group PLLC offers workers’ compensation attorneys who help injured workers seek benefits and justice and a voice standing up for you!